Monday, December 8, 2014

Open letter to Police Officer


Dear Police Officer:


I was the young lady you stopped and gave an unnecessary ticket to. I wanted to let you know that you are a terrible police officer, and I wish one day you get your badge taken away because I don't think you deserve it. You're lucky I don't want to go to jail for assaulting a police officer because I would've smacked you when I had the chance.
When you stopped me, I thought you were going to give me a warning instead of a stupid ticket. I did not notice I was going above the speed limit until you pulled me over. We could've handled this in so many different ways. You could've given me a warning, letting me know that I am going above the speed limit. We could've talked it out like two adults, even a simple “Hey, slow it down” would've been nice. I would understand if it happened in a school zone, or you felt that I was endangering the lives of other people, but I wasn't, and you knew that, but you still decided to give me a ticket.
Nevertheless, I was driving home from the gym, and accidentally went 5 miles above the speed limit without noticing. You pulled me over, and gave me an unnecessary ticket for speeding. I had a perfect clean license and now because of you I have POINTS ON MY LICENSE!!! which is something nobody wants.
I was actually shocked that you stopped me because other drivers next me were going 10 times faster than I was, you still decided to give me the ticket. I find you extremely unreasonable and I am very upset that you gave me this ticket just for going 5 miles above the speed limit. I wish I had taken another route, if only I knew you were going to be there.
Before you gave me the ticket, I even tried to explain to you that it wasn't my intention to go above the speed limit, but you ignored me and still decided to give me a pathetic ticket. Now I have points on my license and I have to pay a ridiculous amount of money for a stupid speeding ticket when I could've saved that money for something better, LIKE SHOES!
Here is an advice, people sometimes don't notice when they are only driving 5 MILES ABOVE THE SPEED LIMIT! People have places to go, bills to pay, and children to worry about. Do you really think they have time to be checking if they are going one or four miles above the speed limit? No they do not, so give us a break. For the future, try to be less uptight and more reasonable.

No comments:

Post a Comment